This Bulgur recept is a healthy meal and can be part of a diet.
- With little salt
- With elevated cholesterol
- With diabetes
- Free from milk
- Free from egg
Ingredients for 2 persons, main dish
- 150 grams of bulgur
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 250 grams of mushrooms
- 6 sprigs of celery
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 50 grams of walnuts
- Place the bulgur in a bowl and pour 300 ml of boiling water over it. Stir this well and let it soak for 10 minutes. If it is very dry, add some hot water.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into pieces.
- Peel the onion and cut it small.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them into slices.
- Wash the celery and cut it small.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion in a glass and squeeze the garlic clove over it.
- Fry the mushrooms briefly.
- Add the tomatoes with the celery, pepper and the oregano. Spoon this through the cooked bulgur.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts and sprinkle over them.
What is Bulgur?
Bulgur is a grain product made from different types of wheat, but mostly from durum. The wheat grains are first steamed, then dried and then coarsely ground or broken. Bulgur is mainly used in Turkish, Arabic, Indian and Mediterranean cuisine. It has a slightly nutty flavor.